The following definitions apply to this document:
- The term "website" refers to this website [David Fiske] found at https://www.davidfiske.com.
- The terms "DBFCS" or "us" or "operator" or "we" or "our" refers to the owner of this Website [DBFCS].
- The term "you" or "your" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text based file stored within Your web browser software on Your computer. Cookies are used by websites simply to store basic information to help enhance Your interaction with the website. An example is a cookie that remembers Your preferences for the next time You visit that particular website.
- Cookies typically contain the domain name of the website, the length of time the cookie should be valid for (the length of time they should be stored within Your web browser), and a value which is usually a string of random characters.
- Cookies can be set as Session based (meaning they are deleted when You close your browser) or Persistent (meaning they are stored for future use, such as remembering Your preferences).
- Our Session based cookies are essential cookies and are only ever used to pass information across pages of Our website that You visit, without the need for You to re-enter Your data each time.
- Session based cookies usually identify Your computer by allocating Your browser a unique string of characters. This string of characters is passed to the server each time You load a webpage on the website for the purposes of authentication. An example of which could be a Session based cookie that signifies that You have logged in successfully. Without this particular cookie You would otherwise have to log in each time You visit a webpage on Our website.
- Persistent cookies are used to add convenient functionality to Our website. Generally they are used to remember preferences or are used to remember basic details to save You from having to re-enter them on future visits.
- Third Party Cookies
- David Fiske may display third party advertisements such as (but not limited to) Google AdSense, Amazon Associates, Clickbank, eBay Partner Network or advertisements from affiliate networks including, but not limited to, Affiliate Future, Commission Junction, Digital Window, Linkshare, Paid on Results, Tradedoubler, and Webgains.
- Third party advertisements may set their own cookies for the purpose of tracking and to financially reward Us for every successful Qualifying Action that occurs.
- Third party advertisers usually pay us a referral fee based upon a Qualifying Action, usually a figure per click or a percentage of each qualifying transaction. The revenue generated by David Fiske from any advertising is used to help maintain the David Fiske Website and associated services free of charge to end users.
- David Fiske has no control over these cookies and has no access to the data contained within them either.
- Some of these third party advertisers use interest-based advertising which enables them to reach users based on their inferred interests and demographics. David Fiske has no control over these services and has no access to the data contained within them either. These advertising providers have their own privacy policies and any data you supply to them will be treated in accordance with those privacy policies. You can opt out from the hundreds of Interest Based advertising providers using tools such as http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- Here are a list of third party cookie and/or policy pages that we may think might be of interest to you. These sites may set third party cookies (as per above) and if they do such cookies ware subject to their own privacy policies and cookie policies:
- Google Advertising & Privacy – http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
- Amazon – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/BIT/InternetBasedAds
- Clickbank – http://www.clickbank.com/privacy.html
- eBay Partner Network – https://publisher.ebaypartnernetwork.com/PublisherRegPP
- Affiliate Future – http://www.affiliatefuture.co.uk/faq/Privacy.asp
- Commission Junction – http://uk.cj.com/privacy.html
- Digital Window – http://www.affiliatewindow.com/documents/Privacy%20Policy.pdf
- Linkshare – http://www.linkshare.com/legal/privacy/
- Paid on Results – http://www.paidonresults.net/cookies/
- Tradedoubler – http://www.tradedoubler.com/uk-en/legal/privacy.html
- Webgains – http://www.webgains.com/public/privacy/webgains-cookies/
- Disabling Cookies (Including Third Party Cookies)
- You are able to disable cookies from being set within Your web browser settings. Full details for Your particular web browser can be found by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
Below You can see a list of first party cookies Our Website uses. Beneath each cookie is a detailed description of what information each one holds as well as the reason for it being set.